Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Update from Friday's Post: A Few Steps "Behind"

Just wanted to let you guys know that everything went fine yesterday and that I am okay. No abnormalities were found during my colonoscopy, which is great!

I'm recovering just fine and we're treating my belly with some meds that I hope will calm things down and keep the IBS at bay (since we now know that's what I have.)

I don't remember much about what the doctor said afterwards, but she told my Mom that my belly tensing up and spasming like it does is a direct result of the fibromyalgia! I never thought the fibro could actually CAUSE bowel distress, but apparently it does.

I do plan to research this a little and when I see my doc in a couple of months, I'm going to ask her some questions about it since my inquiring mind always wants to know everything! LOL!

Anyhoo, Thanks for the encouraging comments and tweets guys. I really appreciate it more than you know.

Look out for a new post tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lady Estrogen said...

Good luck! Glad it went OK :)

Suz and Allan said...

Glad everything is ok! Hope you feel better soon!