Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Road Trip to Charlotte tomorrow....meeting The Bloggess!

I am so super-excited, you guys!  I've taken tomorrow afternoon OFF work, which should be exciting enough...but no, there is more! 

I'm driving the 1 1/2 hours from Greensboro to Charlotte, NC to Concord Mills Books-A-Million to the book signing for The Bloggess, Jenny Lawson and her book "Let's Pretend This Never Happened." 

I am super happy she added a NC city to her tour and that it isn't too far of a drive for me.  Well, I live practically in the middle of the state, so chances were good for me. 

So, I'm packing up my book and my new metal chicken, Lindsay Lohan and we're headed to Charlotte tomorrow afternoon.  (yes of course I have to get Jenny to sign my chicken too, are you nuts?)

It's a race week in Charlotte, which is unfortunate enough traffic-wise but I took a half day vacation for a reason!  Planning on getting down there to have a couple hours to bum around the outlets - this is a HUGE outlet mall that is the bom-diggity.  If I get tired, there's always the bookstore to chillax in.  I just have to watch Li-Lo's alcohol intake, that chicken doesn't know when to say when....she's a damned train wreck.

Anyway, hoping to get lots of pics which I will post for all of you.  I'm hoping she will bring Juanita the weasel, Hamlet von Schnitzel, or even one of her new friends (Ermione Granger or even Ron Weaseley the weasel) for us to greet.  Somehow I don't expect Beyonce....a 6 foot metal chicken ain't making it past that metal detector.

Update:
Jenny just tweeted that Kathryn Stockett (author of The Help) is introducing her in Atlanta tonight.  I hope we have someone decent tomorrow night.  With Nascar in town, I'm afraid they'll get Dale Jr or Jeff Gordon to introduce her or something.....that's all we freakin need - label all North Carolinians as rednecks.  Wish I could go kidnap Uncle Orson (Orson Scott Card) and bring him with me since he lives in Greensboro too.  He'd be awesome!  (yes, we call Orson Scott Card, Uncle Orson here in Greensboro).

Update #2:

Here's Lindsay Lohan!

5 comments:

Mandi @ Southern Gnome said...

Yay for the Bloggess. My sister and I are going tonight, too. Can not wait!! I just found your site when I Googled "The Bloggess Charlotte, NC" Who knows, maybe we will see you tonight.

Karen said...

I look forward to it! Just look for me, picture is on my blog and I'll have a chicken with me named Lindsay Lohan

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Lindsay is lookin' good. ;-) That's great you get to meet Jenny. I hope it's a blast!!

-Lauren

Thismamaiscrazy said...

I love the bloggess... I was able to see her in Atlanta. She is amazing, No? I wish I had an awesome chicken... must go find one.

Lin said...

So freakin' rad that you took the day off to make the trip. You'll have to definitely tell us what it was like to meet the epic Bloggess!

Also, love that you named your metal rooster Lindsay Lohan haha.