Friday, July 20, 2012

Cancer...you can kiss my ass! Fuck off!

I am pretty angry right now you guys.  Not at God...nor man, but at the big C.  I currently have 4 friends that I know of that are currently fighting for their lives because of fucking cancer.  I have other friends and family battling other diseases also, and I certainly do not want to belittle their pain and suffering....we'll do an angry post on that later.

My first friend is a woman, who back in 2007 was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She had the lumpectomy thing and courses of chemo and radiation and was given a clean bill of health.  The cancer came back in no time.  She has been fighting it on and off ever since, and since she is a private person and I don't know all the details, I can only guess how bad it is now.  I can tell though by the way she moves, walks very slowly....like it hurts her, and she's not the same firecracker of a gal that I've known the last 10 years.  Cancer has taken that away from her.  I hope that she will find some treatment that will help her, I don't want to lose my friend.

My second friend is a guy from my childhood I haven't seen in years.  He's about 5 years younger than me, early to mid thirties, and he was just diagnosed with cancer....WHAT?  I saw it on his facebook page and my jaw hit the motherfucking floor.  I absolutely was shocked beyond belief.  This is a young guy y'all!  I do not know what kind of cancer it is, I'm trying to find out but I have sent him a note of encouragement on email letting him know he was in my prayers.  He's one of those very giving people - works with the youth at church, volunteer fireman, and he coaches ball for the kids at school.  I am just reeling from this news, I just found out yesterday.

My third friend has multiple myeloma and is finally back from Duke after 3 weeks of going through the ringer of chemo and bone marrow replacement therapy.  You'll never find a nicer guy no matter where you go.  He lost his hair of course, but he's still a cutie, we're calling him Mr. Clean.  He did have to stop his running and he is a HUGE runner, so he hated that.  The exercise bike has had to do, along with yoga and swimming.  So far so good with him, but he has had to go through the shit you guys.  This has gone on since the beginning of the year or so.

Lastly, is one of my closest friends' husband.  He has been through the chemo, major MAJOR surgery, and then this week just found out that he still has cancer in his lymph nodes.  He spent 2 weeks at Duke after his surgery recovering and now this. 

I just want to kick cancer in the nads right now.  Leave my friends alone!  Leave my friends' loved ones alone!  Fuck off already! Haven't you done quite enough damage thank you very much? 

Anybody else wants to vent and tell cancer off, please by all means use the comments section below and go for it!

No comments: