Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Soundtrack of my Life - Current Day Karen

Final installment of Soundtrack of my Life, Current Day Karen. 

I'll sort of begin when I met my hubby which was in 2001, I was 29 at the time.  We met at Karaoke, of course.  I had moved back to Greensboro the previous year after my first marriage had broken up.  The song that reminds me of the night we met is "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt.  I sang it that night, it's still one of my go to songs for Karaoke and it's just a great flirty song.  I liked him, sang it to try to impress him and I guess it worked!  Almost 10 years later we're still together. 
"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen is another song that is close to my heart.  I don't have a specific story about this one, I've just heard it through the years...Jeff Buckley's version is my favorite.  It's just one of those rare songs that stays with you for a lifetime. One of my all time favorites for sure.

Currently, there are some newer songs out that I really relate to that have found their way onto my MP3 playlist:
"Rollin' in the Deep" Adele  This is on her new album, 21 which is awesome BTW.  This song is her best so far, I think.  I love her voice and the emotion she puts into this song is just phenomenal.
"F'ing Perfect"  Pink  I just love the message in this song.  Pink is all about positivity with her songs lately and this one is just great.  Sends a great message and always puts me in a better mindframe whenever I hear it.
"Fireworks" Katy Perry  Usually she's a little too "pop" for me, but the message in this song just kicks ass!  It just puts me in a great mood and pumps me up.
"Paris (Ooh La La)" Grace Potter and the Nocturnals  Kick butt rock song, and Grace can wail..damn what a voice!
"The Cave"  Mumford and Sons  The banjo is back baby!  I really didn't like this song at first, but after seeing them perform at the Grammy's I gave them a second listen.....then a third, and a fourth, and well you get the piciture.  Got their album and it is great!  "Little Lion Man" is another great tune of theirs.

Well, hope you enjoyed my soundtrack posts.  As you can tell, I listen to a very diverse selection of music - and I didn't even write about half of it.  Music is such a huge part of my life.  I've had fun writing these posts, it's really taken me back to some interesting times in my life.

No comments: