Tuesday, March 29, 2011

100 Facts About Me - Part 1

There's been a topic trending on Twitter for the last few days, 100 Facts About Me.  It's been fun reading each other's tweets.  A few bloggers that I follow decided to take it a step further and turn it into a blog series over the next few weeks and we're linking the blogs to each other's so we can read each other's entries when we get them written.  The plan is to do 25 facts per post for 4 posts.

So, here we go with my first 25 Facts about me!!!!!

1.  I am left handed.  Although we don't know where I get it. No one else in my family is.

2. My Hubby is my 2nd husband and the love of my life. 
3.  My favorite color is pink, I wear it mostly with black if I can help it.

4. I am a Hello Kitty freak - not a fan, but a freak. I have a Hello Kitty telephone, toaster, and coffee maker in my house, plus countless clothing, accessories, socks, handbags, and jewelry that I wear on a regular basis.

5.  I graduated from college with a degree in Psychology from Lenoir Rhyne College in Hickory NC

6.  I was a big time tomboy as a kid, hated wearing dresses and girly stuff.  When my dad worked on building on a new room to our house, I had my own tool belt to help.

7.  I have met the poet, Maya Angelou

8.  My Mom is one of my best friends (second only to Hubby)

9.  I was in a band in high school, played keyboards and sang.  Even wrote original music.

10.  I'm a very eclectic music lover, I listen to just about everything with very few exceptions. (I don't like bluegrass, hard metal, or gangsta rap)

11. Hubby and I were married on Valentine's Day.  No excuse for him to forget our anniversary, right?

12. I try to pray and live the Serenity Prayer every day: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

13. I have one brother, 3 1/2 yrs younger than me, named Mark.  He's a doofus.

14.  I had blondish hair when I was about 3 years old - didn't last long though

15.  I tanned like you wouldn't believe when I was little - stayed outside all summer.  People thought I was hispanic I got so dark. (not that way now, I burn like an albino)

16. They came along after my time, but I LOVED The Animaniacs!  Watched them every afternoon in college w/ my roommate.

17.  I'm addicted to lipgloss - my current fave is Philosophy

18.  Love dark chocolate...I will hurt u for it!

19.  I waitressed at a seafood restaurant in high school.

20.  My parents used to have a Pinto (anyone old enough to remember what a Pinto is?)

21.  I don't know how to sew (except I can sew on a button)

22. I love LOVE the Kill Bill movies

23.  I had braces for 4 years growing up...yes I had some fucked up teeth

24.  I started wearing glasses in 5th grade

25.  I've been married to Hubby for 7 years

Okay, done!  Boy that was harder than I thought!  And I gotta come up w/ 75 more?  GEEZ!
Hope you enjoy, I'll start on the next installment....this might take awhile!

5 comments:

Anna said...

Hi!
I'm your newest follower from this challenge. I also love dark chocolate, hello kitty, and am so jealous that you got to meet Maya Angelou! ;)

Megan said...

I am sooo jealous you met Maya Angelou, too!!! I only saw the Kill Bill movies about a month ago. Shame on me lol.

Thanks for linking up! I hope you enjoy writing your facts and reading others!

Anonymous said...

You met Maya Angelou!!!! Oh my! I would give my pinky toe to meet Maya Angelou. You're a lucky lady. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

PS. I Heart the Animaniacs. :-)

PBJdreamer said...

I love the Kill Bill Movies too!!


awesomeness


that is all

Karen said...

Welcome newbies! So glad to have you over here in crazytown!!
The Maya Angelou encounter was a brief handshake and introduction, nothing exciting but it was an honor to even get to meet her at all. She's kind of a fixture here in NC.

Hopefully I'll get part 2 going here soon and have that posted by the weekend, that's my goal anyway - we'll see how it goes :)