Saturday, June 4, 2011

National Donut Day June 3rd (and yes I know I'm late)

Yesterday was National Donut Day, and I must say that it is now my favorite holiday. 

Why, you ask?

Well, let me tell you the back story here.  Last night, I got off work and met my hubby and another couple for dinner. We went to this restaurant, The Mason Jar for dinner.  It was okay, kinda home cooking kinda food.  My bladder is still being a bitch and I was in pain so I had to eat pretty plainly.  I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and hot chips for my dinner.  Yeah, I know....YAWN!  Boring dinner, right?

After dinner, we decided to swing by Krispy Kreme.  They were offering free donuts for this holiest of days, so we swung by for our free tasty treat.  I chose their newest donut, the cookies and creme donut.  It has crumbled oreo cookies on the top and is filled with cookies and creme filling.  I decided to bring it home and have it with some milk.  It was FABULOUS AWESOMESAUCE!  I had dreams about that donut last night.

That is why, National Donut Day is now my favorite holiday.

3 comments:

Ducky said...

I too saw the National Donut day thing a few days late...and lamented. However to make up for it, I think we should eat donuts for...oh...say...a week straight.

Sound good?

Yeah...I think that sounds good.

Karen said...

Only if I can get the cookies and creme ones....I'm telling you - those things are round pastry wheels of heaven.

Lady Estrogen said...

Mmmmm - donuts account for at least 2 lumps around my ass, but it's totally worth it.