Monday, April 11, 2011

Grease is the word!

Grease is the word!  Or maybe not, hell I dunno.

I don't know what is up with me and this nostalgic mood I've been in this weekend, but I'm just going with it okay?  Just  roll with me.

Grease came on TV this afternoon this afternoon and of course I just HAD to watch it.  It was just a compulsion or something.  First off, it was my favorite movie for many reasons and it brings back so many memories for me.

We did the play my senior year of high school and it was way fun!  I was only in the chorus, but it was still great - I got to be in most of the numbers and to this day I still remember the hand jive!  We had to learn the chant in "We go together", you know the one that starts "Rama lama lama, ka dinga da ding da dong, etc." and goes on forever?  I still remember that whole thing too!  Hell, I remember all the songs, is that sad or what? 

Anyway, we did the play and I was already a fan of the movie.  During college, my roommate and neighbors loved it too and we watched it incessantly.  It was a Greasefest singalong all the time up at Lenoir Rhyne.  Way fun times.  I did get sick of it for awhile after I graduated, but now and then I do watch it just for shits and giggles.  I just hate watching the TV version, they cut out the good parts. 

Have yourself a Grease singalong - it's way fun!

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Was there any woman who was not crazy about John Travolta?

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Don't be too jeal, but I was Sandy in the 8th grade. Only got it because I had blond hair and bangs. Singing ability was really, well, at best average, haha. Love that movie. And thanks, now I will have all the songs stuck in my head :)

Karen said...

I luved me some John Travolta....nice ass! I'm serious guys, he had the cutest butt ever! **drool**

Lady Estrogen said...

I'm a sucker for that stuff!! FUN.

Dakotapam said...

I'm a new follower from Tag Back Tuesdays!

I'm a huge fan as well! We did the musical in High school also. I have many fond memories of the time spent in rehearsal and performance!

Renee Hand said...

Grease is such a classic movie. I have also watched Grease 2 which I like very much, too. Some characters return in it, some don't. John Travolta did look good in that movie. I am following you from the hop. Please return the follow at http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
www.reneeahand.com
Thanks
Renee

Jill said...

I LOVE Grease! I watched it with my two young daughters recently and they enjoyed it - but most of all they loved watching mum jumping up to dance and sing along with every number!! Gotta love it!

Just stopped by from the Tuesday blog hop. I’m following you now and hope you’ll stop by my blog sometime too! Have a lovely week.
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Ducky said...

Its one of those that never dies and will live forever. It recently came to the stage here. My sister and I took my parents to see it. It was my moms birthday present. We had fantastic seats and it was a BLAST!! There's just never a bad time to sit and watch Grease!

Karen said...

I wasn't a fan of Grease 2 at all. Just seemed wrong somehow. They shoulda left it alone with the first one. I'd love to go see a real production of it sometime, one of the Broadway shows that travel to different towns, you know? I know it would be fabulous!