Friday, April 29, 2011

Thanks is never enough

Just wanted to update all of you guys (I can't believe there are 69 of you guys...WOW!!) on how my talk went on Wednesday night.

It went so well guys, I was blown away - at least from my end I felt great giving the talk.  It was more for myself and personal growth than anything else, and in that purpose I succeeded.  I'm sure I wasn't the most eloquent speaker in the world, that's not who I am.  I stood up and the moment that I did, my nerves were GONE which really tripped me out! 

I thought I would run out of things to say and we'd quit early, but it was just the opposite - I ran out of time and had to kind of rush through the end of what I wanted to say, which I kind of hated.  However, I know that I'll get a chance to do this again later this year, so I'll be a pro by then and know what to expect.

I had a few close friends there that knew me well for support, which helped tremendously!  It was so cathartic and theraputic, and I felt so great after it was over.  Not sure if my fear of public speaking is gone totally, but for that one night it was. 

Thanks to all of you guys for your comments of encouragement, I really appreciated every single one of them.  They meant a lot to me. 

For my new followers, WELCOME!!!!  If I haven't followed your blog back, my apologies - I'm a bit behind in that regard due to all the excitement of my speaking debut this week.  I'm planning to get caught up on all of that this weekend so get ready for me....Karen's coming on down!!!!

Hope all of you have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

PBJdreamer said...

YEAH


SO glad it went well. These things sometimes change who we are, as in we can become more confident of what has made us who we are.


High Five to you!!


that is all

Megan said...

So glad that your talk went well!! It's nice when things turn out better than you expect :)

Anonymous said...

I'm stopping by from the Saturday Hop to say hello and to follow. Have a great day!
POSH
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/04/happy-weekend-5.html